Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Full Metal Lobby

Check this out:


It's a HUGE sculpture in my lobby. Looks like wrought iron, but I'm no expert. It's metallic, of that I am sure.

The same night I came home to find the Ted's Sign lit, I was also greeted by this massive installation. This was NOT in the computer animation they showed me in the sales office!

It's EXTREMELY detailed... in fact... want to play a game? See if you can find these guys in the picture above:





Answers below...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



Little Metal Axeman is in the bottom center box.
Little Metal Builder Man is in the top center box.
Little Metal Drinking Man is in the upper right box.
Little Metal Climbing Man is in the box in the center of the pic.

My favorite guy is Little Metal Drinking Man who appears to be kicking back and having a beer. My kinda guy. Upon closer inspection however...


He's holding something ELSE in his other hand. Hmmmm... food maybe? Beer and pretzels, beer and a burger, beer and a brat... what is it?


An OREO COOKIE? Dude isn't drinking a beer at all! He's havin a bottle of milk and a damn OREO cookie! Or, maybe, JUST MAYBE Little Metal Drinking Man is on his 4th or 5th little metal brewski and he's really not concerned about that beer/oreo flavor combination. I've been there.

The artists name is Ivan Bailey. According to his website he's a local guy and has quite a few pieces on display 'round Atlanta.

2 comments:

Matt said...

That artwork is .... interesting. And, umm ... big.

I have to say, when I got to the end and thought about the taste of an Oreo cookie combined with the taste of beer, my hunger pangs suddenly went away ... :)

Anonymous said...

Oh neat. I love metal work. I want some type of metal display for our condo this spring.