Saturday, May 5, 2007

Oprah is sending me a box of stuff!

Well, one of her minions is sending me a box of stuff anyway... but before we get to the main event, here are some of my other wins for April:

- $10 Old Navy Gift Card.

- "The Game Of Life" Board Game from First Horizon Bank.

- An Enchanted Call from the Walt Disney Movie Rewards program (gave that to P's brother for his grand daughter).

- A ringtone from Skittles (by the way, I can't use this so if anyone wants it just let me know).

-An apron from the Caribou Coffee Wild Adventure Instant Win Game. Yes an apron. Not a very "wild" prize if you ask me.

And now... Oprah! Kellogg's Smart Start cereal had a contest (which is different than a sweepstakes by the way) in which people had to write a short essay about how they get a smart start to their day. Here's the email Oprah sent me:

Congratulations! You’re submission was one of the top ten submissions in our Start Smart Contest. You have won a collection of prizes from The O List including a set of four bowls from Bauer Pottery Company, a Monkey Business Doorganizer, and a LUG Puddle Jumper Overnight/Gym Bag--a $158 retail value! In addition, an excerpt from your winning submission will be published in an advertorial in O, The Oprah Magazine.


So that's kind of cool. The letter isn't actually from Miss O of course, but I'm telling people that it is. I'm also telling people that she personally selected my submission out of the tens of millions that were sent in. That's probably not true, but that's what I'm telling people. Sue me.

What was my winning submission? You can read [an excerpt from] it in the July issue of O, The Oprah Magazine. It involves the snooze button and stretching.

You too can be featured in an upcoming issue. Right now O, The Oprah Magazine and GE are sponsoring a contest called Confessions from the Kitchen. Just submit your deepest, darkest kitchen secret and you could win a GE Appliance and be excerpted in O, The Oprah Magazine. Good Luck!

No comments: