Friday, May 25, 2007

A Meme from Matt

I have never been tagged. Earlier this week I found out that it's very flattering and at the same time very intimidating. The meme itself is fun, but the tagging of others is nerve wracking! How well do I have to "know" a blogger before tagging them? Is it equivalent to asking someone to help you move OR is it more like asking someone to meet you and some friends for coffee? So for my first meme I think I am going to humbly thank Matt for including me in his "5" but not tag anyone else because I am a chickenshit.

Here are the rules:
* Post a similar post like this one and add a link back to the person who tagged you.
* List down 5 reasons why you blog about the things you blog on your blog.
* Choose your 5 tag ‘victims’ and tag them nicely :)
* Write a comment on their blog letting them know that you tagged them.

Five reasons why I blog about the things on my blog:

5. It started out as a way to keep track of all the weirdness I expected that would result during the process of buying a home. But I started too late, and so most of the really weird stuff got lost in my procrastination. Now I don't know why I keep it up.

4. I like to write, but I'm a procrastinator. Even though there is no "deadline" for blog posts (at least not for MY blog anyway) there is a self imposed expectation that something new should appear on these pages somewhat regularly. So This New Condo provides some tacit encouragement to be creative on a semi-regular basis.

3. I like to get comments. It's always interesting to read other people's reaction to a post. Interesting too to see how people interpret what I wrote. Sometimes I will write something I think is hysterical, and people will write very empathetic replies telling me not to worry and that everything is going to be OK. I'm slowly learning how to TYPE the correct emotion, but a lot CAN get lost in the text to "voice in your head" translation.

2. I like that it's kind of sneaky. No one in my real life knows about it... or at least they are not telling me. So it's a cool little personal outlet where I can be pretty honest about things I could not be as honest about in person.

1. Lastly, this is an outgrowth of reading all of YOUR blogs. Every day I read something interesting - unusual - dirty (NSFW) - funny - scary - informative - or weird in your blogs and it seemed like a cool opportunity to add my text to the conversations. So really, It's all your fault that I blog about the things I blog on my blog.

This is where I'm supposed to "tag" 5 other bloggers... but since I have no spine, I'll just put out the offer... You are all invited to be tagged, just RSVP and I'll make it official!

Have a great weekend Y'all!

3 comments:

kevin said...

Dont you just hate being tagged.

I hope you have an interesting weekend planned over in Atlanta.

Kev in NZ

mist1 said...

I love reading why people blog.

I don't know why I do this. I need a hobby.

Maddog said...

Your reasons very much echo my own. I started for one reason and it's become somthing totally different. But I'm glad you are out there. It's nice to hear what you've been up to.