Sunday, July 8, 2007

On the Big Screen


Saw Ratatouille over the weekend. (thanks to Kevin for the reminder... and the poster pic) The CG is incredible. I remember when "Toy Story" was a MARVEL because of how "real" everything looked even though it was all animated. Ratatouille blows that out of the water. It's a great story too. I'll admit to even getting a little choked up at one point... for those of you who have seen the film, it's the part during which the film's namesake is consumed. I don't think that's giving too much away.

I also got my first "reward" worth mentioning from one of my Movie Rewards programs. AMC and Regal Cinemas (plus probably every other theater chain in the world) have these cards that you present when you buy your tickets for a film. Each purchase helps you acquire points and as those points build up you can use them to get discounts on concessions and stuff like that. Up until now I've only been the recipient of things like "fifty cents off a #2 combo." Well, I finally built up enough points to get a free ticket! Of course in typical fashion it's pretty severely restricted... no starred attractions, etc. Better than a sharp stick in the eye though.

Got to see a couple trailers for movies I think I'd like to check out too. Did you know they are making a live action "Underdog" movie? Totally for the kids, but how can you not want to see it!? "There's no need to fear! Underdog is here!" I want the movie poster so bad...


"One Nation Under Dog." How cool is that? I need to get the poster before some religious right nutcase starts complaining and forces the producers to change it to: "Underdog: Jesus is Lord."

4 comments:

Matt said...

OMG ... you KNOW I love that poster!!!!

If you find it let me know. How cool is that?!? :)

Joe Jubinville said...

There's no need to fear
Underdog is here!

Love the poster - but is this UD nerdy enough? He's got some pretty questionable pawprints to fill...

Anonymous said...

I want to see Ratatouille, perhaps this weekend.

I can't believe they're making a live action of Underdog, wait I can. lol.

Congrats on the free ticket!

Kevin said...

Glad you liked Ratatouille. And don't you think it's funny that the AMC Watcher card is a pink triangle? I'm just saying ...

And yes, I love me some beagle (I have one) but a beagle in a cape? COME ON -- EVEN BETTER!