Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Gods that was good

It's rare... Really, really rare that I am impressed by a TV show anymore. For all my love of TiVo and the medium in general, the word, "Wow" is not a common one for me at the end of a TV show. Usually reserved for episodes of The West Wing, SportsNight and South Park.

I just finished watching the Season Finale of Battlestar Galactica however and, "Frakin-A." Good Stuff.


I can't say that I was completely happy with the ending... frankly I'm a little disappointed in it... I'm not sure what the statute of limitations is on spoilers... so I guess I will wait till I read about it in Entertainment Weekly before I really go off on my feelings about the ending. Suffice it to say I was not totally surprised.

One thing that DID surprise me were the revelations regarding four Galactica crew members and their taste in music. I have a theory on that one too though. This one I think I can talk about without ruining anyone's fun though. First of all, I think they are mistaken about their main assumption. Second, I think the music is coming from Earth. Remember in Contact when Jodi Foster explained that once our TV and Radio signals leave Earth, they keep going, and going and going and going out into space forever? For reasons yet to be explained, I think that a bad sitar version of All Along the Watchtower was broadcast on Earth and now 4 crewmemebers are picking it up in their fillings (nod to The Partridge Family).

Speaking of those 4 crewmembers... I'm OK with two of them disappearing. But the other two (especially this one - what? not who you expected?) I'd be bummed to loose.

P will not watch BSG with me because it has spaceships in it.

Now I have 8 sectars until the fleet returns in 2008 to convince him to give the last Battlestar, Galactica, a look as it leads a ragtag, fugitive fleet, on a lonely quest, for a shining planet known as Earth.

Holy CRAP I am a dork.