Friday, March 16, 2007

*updated* Bad habits...

...are creeping into This New Condo.

One bad habit in particular... clothes on the floor:


That's my bedroom. First of all, there are a pair of SKI GLOVES in that shot. Why are they even OUT? When would I have removed them from the closet? I haven't even skied since I broke my hand on Schweitzer probably 10 years ago. The belt makes sense because I wear that all the time. There is also a towel, my argyle sweater vest, a pair of black shoes that I NEVER wear, a pillow sham and the saddest part: all the whites in the shot... are clean. I'm just too lazy to put them away. Not to mention the unmade bed and my cardboard box TV stand.

I've always been a slob, but when I moved in here that started to change a little... I got neat for a while. I even blogged about it. So how did I go from that proud new homeowner, to the guy who will leave a pair of shorts from last weekend on the floor in the living room for 5 days?


Some friends may be coming by next week to have a cocktail or two before we head out into the 'hood to celebrate my turning 38 again (again for the first time... I've decided to stop at 38)... so the place will have to get a thorough cleansing before that. In fact... let me get a head start here and push away from the keyboard and put away some of that mess. I think that will make me feel better, the place will look bette.... oh who am I kidding? I'm the only one here, and I KNOW I'm a slob plus there's an episode of MXC on that I haven't seen yet. I'll pick up that stuff tomorrow before P gets here.

*update*

So it's been about 30 mintues since I finished writing that post and as it turns out I HAD seen that episode of MXC (of course I had, I have seen them all). Maybe it was writing about it, maybe it was the need for a clean towel, maybe it's because I always skip to the end of Trading Spaces because I just want to see the before and after stuff (unless Jason is the carpenter on the show and then I watch from beginning to end and hope that the weather is hot wherever they are)... but something came over me and in a matter of a few minutes I was able to achieve this:


All the clean stuff is put away, all the dirty stuff is in a hamper and the cargo shorts on the floor turned out to be cargo PANTS and I am wearing them now.

5 comments:

Paul said...

And why did you drop trou in the living room in the first place?

Anonymous said...

oh good question, Paul. I bet there's a story there..hhmm.....

kevin said...

And what are the cargo pants doing off you dirty boy....;)

I've got clothes all over my floor too. Ive just given up tidying them away and have convinced myself that it makes a nice floor collage!

Kev in NZ

CondoBlogger said...

I should make up something really "letter to penthouse-ish" to explain my pants on the floor, but alas, it's just a case of getting home from work to a too warm house. I schucked em and left em where they lay.

Anonymous said...

Clothes on the floor. Tsk Tsk...