Monday, November 20, 2006

the great paint experiment

...or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Brown.

The deed is done... or at least the non-finesse part anyway... a large section of THIS NEW CONDO is Brown. In fact, it is "Brown Velvet." I WAS considering "Fudge Truffle," but in the end the darker color won out. I've been scared shitless about doing this project. Not sure why... I mean, paint is probably the easiest thing to change if I don't like it... but it's also messy, and I am a klutz and this really could have been a disaster. I think it came out all right though.

Here's before:



After:



That's yours truly hiding behind the ladder... artsy no?

Depending on the light the color has just the slightest hint of eggplant in it which COULD be a big issue for me. Not a big purple fan here. So far I have seen the wall in afternoon sun and electric household light and just the fact that I THINK I might see some purple in there is bothering me... once the sun comes up again tomorrow we'll revisit that issue.

Still a work in progress, the tape and tarp have to come down, there are some spots that need touching up (maybe even a full second coat) and there is a big ass mirror that goes on that wall that has to go back... but gonna let what is there dry overnight before I start undoing all that stuff. Normally I'm a very impatient person so I'm pretty proud of myself for holding back.

OK... see y'all later.

Next time: Le Piece de Resistance!

2 comments:

Patricia J. Mosca said...

I love the brown walls!! Although I paint in lots of bright and bold colors, my house is very beige!! Now just how boring is that!! GO FOR THE COLOR!!! Have fun!! My daughter use to live in Virgina Highlands!! I LOVE ATLANTA...the flying bisquit, the vortex..little five point...whimbles, wow..I could go on and on!! Thanks for the thumbs up on the smoking and thanks for taking a look at the blog!!
Artfully Yours,
Pattie

Anonymous said...

live a little! enjoy the colour b/c at the end of the day, it's just paint. If you don't like it, you can always paint over it.